Blumira has just announced a Free security monitoring service edition of the company’s business threat monitoring and response security services. This creates a starter option for businesses wanting to add security monitoring and explore having a threat response team on call for cybersecurity threats.
The entry-level service is a cloud SIEM with integrated detection and response, and a great try before you buy option for any business that needs security monitoring support without the budget for a large in-house security team.
Free Security Monitoring Features
What’s included in the free security monitoring from Blumira:
- Coverage for unlimited users and data for Microsoft 365 (no additional licensing required, subject to Blumira’s terms and conditions)
- Easy, guided setup with Cloud Connectors
- Detections automatically rolled out to your account, fine-tuned to filter out the noise
- Summary dashboard of key findings and security reports
- Playbooks with each finding to guide you through response steps
- One week of log data retention — upgrade for up to one year
All Free edition Blumira users can upgrade in-product to a paid edition of the product to gain access to additional support and services as needed.
As we watch various security startups fill niches in the business landscape across Southeast Michigan and beyond, this is a good step toward making security services accessible and removing the barrier of entry for small business. It’s also nice to have a company that can help businesses with or without in-house security teams, to scale up expert assistance as needed. Many businesses don’t know their level of security risk or need for cybersecurity services of various kinds, and so we see this service as both a good business move toward helping Blumira find more clients and a useful service for many levels of business, going a long way toward demystifying or simplifying security services for a wide variety of business.