Do you love DevOps? Yeah, well, some people do. DevOps Days Detroit has quickly taken off as a favorite small (for now) conference for DevOps folks in Ann Arbor-Detroit, and there’s time still both to register (conference runs Oct 23-24, 2019) and to apply to give a talk. Folks in back channels have been telling us about how nice it is to have a conference that’s still small enough to focus the group on a single track, and to really connect with like-minded professionals. Granted (full disclosure) co-founder Archie Cowan is on the team planning DevOps Days Detroit, so they would say nice things to us, wouldn’t they? Anyway, DevOps Days Detroit has amazing food, and it truly sounds like a good time with some great people. Check it out.
DevOpsDays Detroit 2019 is being held on the 11th floor at the College for Creative Studies, A. Alfred Taubman Center for Design Education, at 460 W. Baltimore Ave, Detroit, MI 48202.
Previous events have included speakers such as:
- Richard Cook M.D., author of The Phoenix Project
- Gene Kim
- Docker Director of Ecosystems Development John Willis
- Toyota Kata author and engineer Mike Rother
- and Duo’s Zach Steindler
Types of Accepted Proposals:
- Ignite Talks: 5-minute, auto-forwarding talk.
- Presentations: A 30-minute talk on a topic of your choice, with some time for questions.
- Open Spaces: 45-minute discussions driven by topics suggested by you! What attendees want to talk about.
If you would like to apply to speak, you can find more details and contact the organizers here.
If you just want to attend, tickets are now available for the October 23-24, 2019 conference.