Register By August 16th for the 10th Annual Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition
By Laura Cowan
Laura K. Cowan is a tech editor and journalist whose work has focused on promoting sustainability initiatives for automotive, green tech, and conscious living media outlets.
November 19th, 2019, at the State Savings Bank in Detroit, Invest Detroit will be holding their 10th annual Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition for tech-based startups. According to Invest Detroit, AMIC, which is a program run by ID Ventures, "is a pitch competition that supports Michigan’s entrepreneurial ecosystem by offering entrepreneurs the opportunity to showcase their companies to investors while building connections with entrepreneurs, business acceleration resources, and experts in their sector during carefully curated individual meetings."
Startups must register to compete by August 16th, and applications are due by August 31st. Please note that applications are free before August 16th but cost $100 after that date.
Accelerate Michigan features seed-stage businesses and introduces them to angel and venture capital firms while awarding cash prizes. Semi-finalists will be announced October 14, and the competition takes place November 13 in Detroit.
- Your company has competed in Accelerate Michigan no more than twice before
- Your company has not received more than $25,000 in awards from Accelerate Michigan
- Your company has raised <$3 million in capital investment
- Your company has <$5 million in annual revenue
- Your company has the potential to achieve >$10 million in revenue within 5 years
- Your company is a scale-able, technology-based business that is beyond proof of concept
Applications are available here.