announcements, networking, tech events
Intermitten Change Makers Conference Now Online August 7
By Laura Cowan
Laura K. Cowan is a tech editor and journalist whose work has focused on promoting sustainability initiatives for automotive, green tech, and conscious living media outlets.
Last year, we covered Intermitten: The Conference for Change Makers, as part of our Ann Arbor a2tech360 Tech Week coverage, including interviews backstage with Doug Song of Duo Security, multiple fireside chats with thought leaders in the social justice space in tech, and more. This year, we're excited to see Intermitten is still on, but it's being held virtually, and independently of a2tech360 on August 7. Registration info below. We hope to "see" you there!
Intermitten Conference 2020: Equity & Justice
This year's theme is Empowering Equity & Justice.
- Empowering Equity & Justice in the Workplace
- Empowering Equity & Justice in the Community
- Empowering Equity & Justice in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
Join Us Virtually On a 1-Day Journey As We Explore How to Empower Equity & Justice in Our Work, Communities, & Entrepreneurial Ecosystems.
Intermitten founder Heidi Craun addresses a packed room at Intermitten 2019 as things kick off. Intermitten focuses on social justice, equity, minorities in tech, and bringing the benefits of diversity to the tech and startup industries and the broader workforce.
Empowering Equity & Justice in the Workplace
- "The Call to Courage: Rewriting Our Narrative in the Face of Challenge" — Laura Khalil, Founder of Brave by Design
- "Courage & Compassion: How to (& Not to) Address Structural Racism at Work" — Vikki Caruso, SVP of People at Clearcover; Roslyn Glanville, Director at Clearcover; & Aletha Green, Manager at Clearcover
- “Next Steps for Equity & Justice: Leaving Intermitten with an Action Plan" — Nikki Pardo, Founder of Global Alliance Solutions
Empowering Equity & Justice in the Community
- "Moments Are Not Enough: How to Collaborate to Bring Equity in Our Work & Communities" — Chanel Hampton, Founder of Strategic Community Partners
- "Nothing About Us Without Us: Equity & Justice in Substance Use Disorder Care" — Lisa McLaughlin, Co-CEO & Co-Founder of Workit Health
- "Empowering Prison Reform: Equity & Justice for the Excessively Incarcerated" — Jennifer Soble, Executive Director of Illinois Prison Project
Empowering Equity & Justice in the Entrepreneurial Ecosystem
- "How to Turn Being Underestimated into Your Greatest Advantage: A Fireside Chat with Arlan Hamilton" — Arlan Hamilton & Chacho Valadez of Backstage Capital & Katherine Davis, Associate Editor of ChicagoInno
- "Put Your Data Where Your Mouth Is: Measuring Organizational Equity & Justice" — Neal Sales-Griffin of Techstars Chicago
- "Preparing the Next Generation of IT Leaders: How Engaging a Diverse Talent Pipeline Equals Longevity & Growth" — Camille Walker Banks, Executive Director of NPower Michigan
- 9:00am CT to 10:00am CT: Yoga Jam & Networking
- 10:00am CT to 4:00pm CT: Talks, Networking, & Lots of Breaks (to walk the dog, check your email, etc.)
- 4:00pm CT to 4:30pm CT: Closing Remarks & Grant Award*
This year Intermitten has levels of tickets for purchase, ranging from $35-75. You can learn more and register here.
heidi craun, intermitten, intermitten change makers, social equity conference, social justice conference, social justice in the workplace, tech social justice conference